Bleaching's Post-care Instruction
Article | 2020-01-22 11:39:20
Home » Articles » Bleaching's Post-care Instruction
Everyone needs a perfect smile. One solution is to make their teeth whiter. A dentist can make someone's teeth whiter with veneer or bleaching. Bleaching is cheaper and faster than veneer but the result is not as permanent as a veneer. Then what needs to be done to make the white result more durable?
These are the things that need to be considered after finishing the bleaching treatment at the dentist.
- Two weeks after teeth bleaching, shade can be brighter because oxidation still continue, better to avoid colored drinks such as (tea, coffee, wine, soft drinks, etc)
- No smoking for 24 hours. In the first 24 hours it will stain your teeth.
- Avoid colored toothpaste or gel, mouthwash, Chlorhexidine, or home fluoride treatments for 24 hours after bleaching.
- After two weeks, to maintain the whitening result, if the patient wants to drink any colored beverages is better to use a straw and after consuming any colored food, the patient can rinse with more water and avoid smoking.
- If your teeth become sensitive, your dentist will give fluoride gel or desensitizing agent
- Color stability can last up to 1- 3 years depending on how the patient’s habits as eating, drinking and smoking.
- Teeth whitening can be done once a year.
If you have any question or any concern, don’t hesitate to contact us at:
BIA Dental Center
Jln. Sunset Road No. 86A Seminyak, Kuta, Badung, Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62 821 3939 6161
Recommended Treatments by BIA Dental Center